HOW TO TREAT OCD WITH I-CBT
A 9-Week Training Course for OCD Specialists
"Truly one of the best learning experiences I have ever had."
--2023 Spring Cohort student
I teach a 9-week training course for therapists on Inference-based Therapy (IBT or I-CBT), an evidence-based treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder that doesn't require clients to do exposures and instead focuses on their thought process and self-doubt. While there is a clinician's manual on I-CBT available and great trainers who teach the manual, I created an original curriculum that moves beyond the manual to meet the needs of a range of learning styles. I do this so that YOU as a learner can understand the material in the way that makes the most sense! I also do this so that you get the tools you need to explain this material to CLIENTS in the ways that make the most sense to them. Being a good I-CBT therapist means being a good teacher which means that we as therapists have to be able to explain things in a variety of ways. What clicks with one client will fall flat with another so the plethora of original visuals, metaphors, videos, articles, examples, and exercises you will receive in my class will be priceless. I value being neurodivergent-friendly in the way that I teach and in the materials I provide.
"Taking Kate Goldhouse's I-CBT training was a great investment in my professional development. Her training was both fun and immediately useable in my practice and has given me the foundation to continue to grow in my understanding of I-CBT. I highly recommend this training!"
---Elizabeth DuPont Spencer, LCSW-C
Co-Owner, Anxiety Training
Regardless of whether you're someone who has already read the manual and taken other trainings or someone whose only knowledge of I-CBT is that it exists, you will find the course beneficial. This is because my goal isn't to translate the manual but to teach you the concepts. The benefit of this approach is that you learn how to use I-CBT with flexibility based on what each particular client needs rather than being bound by a specific order of treatment. Both seasoned I-CBT practitioners and those just beginning their journey tell me this course gave them a clarity and depth of understanding they wouldn't have found anywhere else.
* A step-by-step guide to treating clients with I-CBT
* Engaging PowerPoint lessons to use in sessions with clients
* Hundreds of original graphics, metaphors, and case examples
* Copies of slides from every class for your review and reference
* Access to class recordings in case you have to miss a class
* Opportunities to practice and receive feedback
* Demonstrations and therapist scripts
* Neurodivergent-friendly explanations and materials
* 9.0 CEUs (ASWB-approved) and a certificate of completion
TUESDAYS @ 12-1pm ET/9-10am PT
Winter Cohort: January 9 - March 5
Spring Cohort: April 30 - June 25
Summer Cohort: July 2 - August 27
Autumn Cohort: September 17 - November 12
"I absolutely loved your course. I love the way you organize the material, all the examples you provide, your thoughtful and comfortable demeanor, and the way you answer questions. It truly was one of the best learning experiences I have had."
* This course has also been approved by the state of Maine's licensing board for social workers and counselors for 9.0 Ceus. Most state licensing board will accept courses recognized by other state licensing boards, but please check your state's rules to be sure!
One-time payment of $800 USD
Two payments of $400 USD (over two months)
Five payments of $165 USD (over five months)
Signing up is simple. Just text 857-321-8816 with the following:
- your name
- your email
- the cohort you would like to join
- payment plan choice (see payment options above)
You will then receive a text with a request from IvyPay for payment.
Once payment is received, you will be officially enrolled!